- Close your eyes and think of five things that make you smile when you think about them. What are they?
- If your house was on fire and you had sixty seconds to leave, what would you take with you?
- When you're alone in the middle of the night and you can't quite get to sleep, what do you think about? "Going to sleep" doesn't count.
- What is love to you?
- What is the opposite of love?
- Is it possible to love someone if you don't love yourself?
- Do you believe mutual attraction based on mutual hatred is possible?
- Is it better to have something amazing and lose it or to never have had it to begin with?
- Do you focus more on the past, the present, or the future?
- Do you judge people for what they wear or how they express themselves?
- Do you believe in individuals over generalisations?
- When you're very scared or worried, what do you think about or do to help you feel better?
- How do you feel about what happens after death?
- Would you rather live a hedonistic life full of good things that make you feel good even if they're bad for you, or a healthy life centered around treating your body like a sacred temple and watching your health as closely as possible? Or do you not care either way?
- Do you think you can tell a lot about a person from the way they express themselves or answer questions like these?
- Do you have any special or magical memories you'll always have with you?
- How would you define yourself, without saying your name or giving a physical description of yourself or your obvious personality?
- When do you feel truly at peace?
- Do you like having your worldview or opinions challenged or questioned?
- Do you believe happiness can exist without sadness?
- Is there a reason for existence?
- Do you think the world existed before you did?
- Do you believe people need breaks from each other, even if they're deeply in love?
- What do you find most beautiful in people?
- Do you take questions like these literally or pick up on what they really mean?
If I see three or four young black men walking down the street, I have to stop them and check their names. I want them to be afraid every time they see the police that they might get arrested.
Chief Russell Mills to the LA Times after shooting and killing black 89-year-old great grandfather Shawn Monroe at a barbecue unprovoked. Today, he walks free with no charges, despite numerous witnesses and his own admission that he enjoys terrorizing black people.
Tell me again why Black people should be okay with police when they have, since the history of our being kidnapped to this fucking country, have not EVER been about protecting us, but about terrorizing us?
Police are NOT for Black people’s safety. They are about torturing us, terrorizing us and killing us. Period. There is no safety with police. There is no peace keeping with police. They have ALWAYS been a terror to the Black community and I am tired of this fact being pushed to the wayside.
And Ray Kelly, when he was Commissioner in NYC said the same thing.
Arpaio has said the same thing.
This is a ROUTINE assertion that the point of the police is to be an agent of state terror. And that such terror should be all but exclusively focused on Black and Brown bodies.